The UNESCO Creative Cities Network
Join the Network
Joining the network is above all a commitment to fostering culture for sustainable development and to promoting international cooperation between cities. Creative cities strengthen creative industries as well as cultural creation, production, distribution and dissemination. They also improve access to cultural life and support the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The network showcases crafts and folk arts, design, film, gastronomy, literature, media arts and music in over 200 member cities that incorporate culture into their sustainable development plans.
A call for applications is launched every two years.
How to apply
- Submit a letter of intent to the Canadian Commission for UNESCO by October 30, 2020, indicating:
- Why your city would like to be a member
- Which of the seven creative areas that is most relevant to your city (crafts and folk arts, design, film, gastronomy, literature, media arts, and music)
- Evidence of support for the application from the municipality (office of the mayor) and the relevant creative sector
- The name and contact details of the coordinating entity
For more information, please contact the Canadian Commission for UNESCO using the form below.