Memory of the World Register
Listing a collection in the registers
The documentary heritage listed in the Canada Memory of the World Register traces defining moments in our history and reflects the diversity of our heritage. Entries can include written works, films, photographs, audio recordings, and other documents. To be listed in the International Register, a collection must be of global significance. International register entries are automatically listed in the Canadian Register.
How to submit a collection
- The collection must be unique and irreplaceable, and have had significant impact in a specific time period or area of Canada. Applicants must respond to CCUNESCO's Call for Nominations.
- The Canadian Advisory Committee for Memory of the World evaluates submissions and selects the collections for the Register.
- For more information, contact email@example.com
Canada Memory of the World Register
The Canada Memory of the World Register lists exceptional works and documents that reflect the wealth and diversity of Canada's documentary heritage.
- The Hudson’s Bay Company Archival Records (Archives of Manitoba)
- The Quebec Seminary Collection, 1623–1800 (Musée de la civilisation du Québec)
- Norman McLaren's short film Neighbours (National Film Board of Canada)
- University of Toronto's collection on the Discovery of Insulin and its Worldwide Impact (Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, University of Toronto)
- The documentary heritage of Marshall McLuhan (Library and Archives Canada, and University of Toronto Libraries)
- The documentary series Le son des Français d'Amérique, by Michel Brault and André Gladu (Cinémathèque québécoise)
- Philosophical Nachlass of Ludwig Wittgenstein (Austria, Canada, Netherlands and the United Kingdom)
Canadian Advisory Committee for Memory of the World
The committee reviews and evaluates submissions to the International and Canadian Memory of the World Registers.
- Chantal Fortier, Chair (Ontario)
- Camille L. Callison, Vice-Chair (Manitoba)
- Derek Cooke (Yukon)
- Yves Frenette (Manitoba)
- Lorraine O’Donnell (Quebec)
- Guy Berthiaume, Ex-officio member, Librarian and Archivist of Canada
- Geneviève Pichet, Ex-officio member, Acting CEO, Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec (BAnQ)